Agatha. The Beast.

1. Tricia Regar says:

This is hilarious. I don't like animals AT ALL (I used to tell people that my favorite animal was a "bird," just because it's the only one I could think of, that didn't bother me :p), so I especially appreciated your last few sentences. 🙂

2. Megan says:

Too cute, so glad that your in-laws could take her! 🙂

Megan
    Hello Newlywed Life Blog

• Me too. Of course, they intially thought she ran away because she hid for 2 weeks and refused to eat, drink, or use the bathroom. They thought she was gone for good. Nope. Just her shining personality breaking them in. HA. It's all good now.

3. Ha ha : ) I'm really not a cat person, so I'm reading this thinking, "And she KEPT her??" Good for you! Sounds like your house is much happier for the change!

4. jennifer says:

Too funny! We had a cat that acted just how you described, and I loved him. But he started peeing in our laundry basket shortly after Mya was born, and we couldn't break him of it. We found him a new home and off he went!

5. Annalee says:

This is hilarious and sad all at the same time! I think your cat was totally a person in a past life haha!

6. Candace says:

Little tid-bit about Candace… I HATE cats… Like completely terrified of them. So that crazy cat would have been long gone. Also… After college I nannied for a family who had two exotic jungle cats and I had to feed them raw chickens and try not to get eaten myself. Worst job EVER.

7. Shawna says:

hahaha…I've never owned a cat, and this is why! 😛 I actually do like cats, but not really enough to own one and have them torment me and leave me hairy 🙂

• They do torment you! Cats have a stereotype for a reason, man. And yes, pet fur. So, so, so happy to be rid of it.

Also, it was so nice to only worry about my plants dying while we were gone on vacation. Not having to hire someone to take care of your animal while you're gone is TOP NOTCH.

8. Anonymous says:

I certainly hope that when YOU become too much of a burden upon whomever can stand to live with you at the time, that they will find a nice FARM to send YOU to so that their place can be free of you.

If you take on a responsibility… and that is exactly what aborting a cat is… then you should honor that human/feline contract.

I certainly hope that when some of YOUR habits become annoying to other human that they will honor their contract with you and perhaps give you more compassion than you seem to have exhibited so far.

And btw, 90% of cats taken (abandoned) at municipal shelters are killed within the first 30 days.

• Right….which is precisely why I didn't take her to a shelter because I knew that's what would happen to her. She is currently living with my inlaws, happily eating food, receiving medication, chasing bugs and small animals, experiencing comraderie with another cat and dog, and living pretty high off the hog. I'd say that's pretty dang compassionate for a cat who repeatedly bit/attacked/and peed on things even after training.

Sorry, but in our house animals aren't on par with people. So they can't be compared as the same thing. But, good news! No humans in our house bite or pee on the floor either.

9. Liz says:

I am a cat lover (more than dogs, for sure!), so I understand how hard it must have been to get rid of her. Our cats kept wanting to be "outside" cats, so we decided to let them try it. One day, they disappeared and we never saw them again (I still miss them terribly). It is soooo nice not to have the mess and midnight hairball puking sessions. 🙂 I remember waking up to go nurse Ella and stepping on a nasty hairball in the dark- yuck!

I hope to have a cat again some day when I am not up to my head in diapers and discipline. 🙂

PS. I read the above comment. Totally agree. Animals are certainly not on par with people. 😉

• Oh man, hairballs. Thank you for reminding me of something I left off my list! She did that all the time- so, so gross.

Jim says he thinks we'll end up with another pet(cat-never a dog. EVER) someday when Abigail is old enough to "help" take care of it. Maybe by then I'll be ready, but somehow I doubt that 😉