If I could relive anything it would be

1. Shawna says:

Great post! I wasn't a big fan of nursing, but did do it for 4-6 months each time. I always had a really easy time nursing, so not sure why I wasn't a fan….I think I just felt really tied down b/c my girls took so stinkin' long to eat 😉

• Oh man, breastfeeding is the hardest, most painful thing I've ever done. And I had a med free delivery! The first 6-8 weeks were the most painful thing of my life. Oh my gosh- I don't even want to think about it. But, remembering how hard I fought for it and how big the pay off was for the remaining 11 months was so amazing for me.

Good grief Abigail was a pokey eater too. 45 minutes later and she'd still be dawdling there. Which is actually pretty indicative of her personality still today 😉 haha

2. Allison says:

You described this so beautifully! I have yet to have the opportunity to become a mom, but I hope that it is something that I will get to experience for myself one day. 🙂

3. jennifer says:

Couldn't agree more! I miss the before bed breastfeeding sessions so much sometimes. :'(

4. Betsy says:

I always say, breastfeeding is one of the coolest things I have ever done. 🙂 Those moments before bed are the very best!

• Me too. I consider it one of my greatest accomplishments, because I really did have to fight to continue. But it gave me one of the biggest rewards and pay offs I've ever received and I'm just so thankful that even for that short while I got to experience it.

5. Melanie Heyns says:

I love the way you've written this post.

Mel
    Mel's Corner

6. MeganB. says:

Thank you for posting this.
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Katie and I are still in our nursing relationship, going strong for almost 11 months now. You have inspired me to take more pictures of this magic. As it will pass quickly I'm sure.
    It really is a beautiful experience and bond.

=)

7. Candace says:

I have to admit… This almost brought me to tears. I struggled so long and hard for Miss Hannah to nurse well… She ended up at Children's Mercy due to dehydration because she would NOT eat 🙁 It took her a while but she finally figured it out and I nursed her until about 16mo. It was wonderful after she figured it all out and I loved that special relationship… But when Miss Liv came along I thought, "I just finished nursing Hannah… I've got this!" Ha… No such luck. Between her lip tie, and and bad latch, we are still struggling at 3+mo… I want to have that easy, second nature feeling again!

• You are such an amazing mama, Candace! I'm so in awe of you.

The first 6-8 weeks of nursing Abigail were the most painful thing I've ever experienced. She had the worst latch ever. So I know that pain. It was horrible. It wasn't easy breezy until probably at least 6 months….and it was never second nature for me. I couldn't do it in the dark and I couldn't be discreet. I always had lanolin and nursing pads and extra layers and blah blah blah….that's why the before bed nursing sessions were so good! Ha! Nursing her once she was older and not such a slow poke either really, really made it more enjoyable for me too.

You guys will get there. I'm praying for you.