Abigail’s Birth Day

1. Carrington says:

Oh how precious this story is! She was a beautiful baby and is such a beautiful three year old now! That is so awesome that you got to deliver drug free. And I agree with you, the post partum is definitely the worst! Delivering didn't phase me much either, but that post partum is terrible! Happy Birthday, A!

2. hello erin says:

can i tell you how much i hate you for looking so good after it all? because i was a HOT MESS (for like days with more than my fair share of throw up in my hair). I love hearing other peoples birth stories! everyones is totally different!!

3. Courtney, I just loved reading your birth story! I'm so glad you wrote it! I think your the most beautiful person after labor.

4. Kara says:

You looked great!

5. jennifer says:

I agree with everyone else-you look AMAZING in your photos! I thought about trying for a natural birth, but in the end, I was too afraid of the pain. Not of the birthing or contractions, but the post delivery stuff like you said. I've heard from many different people how horrible that part is. I cannot even imagine being stitched up after all of that, and feeling it! Go you!!!

6. So sweet, Courtney! These pictures are precious. It makes me so excited about January!! 🙂

7. MeganB. says:

What a great birthing story. I need to write mine down too. Thanks. =)

8. Paulsen Mommy says:

What a great birth story, I love reading them. I'm so glad that you got the birth experience minus the horrible nurse. I'm so impressed that you did it naturally!! I'm the biggest baby when it comes to pain, so I was like epidural please. Big props to you. I LOVE that in the first picture you are wearing purple, so perfect for Miss Abigail!

• I hadn't even thought about the purple top! That is awesome! 🙂

I don't think of myself as particularly tough when it comes to pain…but Jim says I am. So, I guess I'll believe him 🙂 I must be more of an inward pain sufferer than a vocal, outward one haha.

9. I love birth stories! And you look amazing!! So jealous! I looked like a swollen mess! Lol
    Love every single detail! I'm sure your daughter will love reading this when she gets older!

• Thank you!! I actually first wrote out my entire birth story as a letter to her. I know I loved hearing my birth story from my mom, I wanted to write out all the details of Abigails.

I have a copy on my computer that is addressed directly to her….for someday….very far away 🙂

10. Candace says:

LOVE it! I totally agree… The stitching up part is the worst… And yes, please bathe my baby! 😉

11. Marla says:

Courtney- beautiful birth story!

12. I SO love reading birth stories. Best day of a mamas life!

13. I love this and thank you so much for sharing. IF I ever get pregnant, IF, I really want to have a natural birth too!!

14. Kaylee Farnes says:

This is such a beautiful story! My husband and I are both getting baby hungry and I'm constantly reading about pregnancy and such. Ha ha. Love your story! Such a beautiful baby! And we almost have the same birthday! Mine's the 4th. 🙂

15. Amanda says:

Love this post so much!!! Yay NATURAL-UNMEDICATED (bc apparently natural to some doesn't mean unmedicated)!!! We had to fight those same hospital politics (suh a shame isn't it) but we were able to achieve our birth plan as well. I'm like you, could totally talk about pregnancy, Breastfeeding, and labor all day long! Cheers friend!

1. I cannot believe you did it drug free!!! GO YOU! 2. She was (and still is) absolutely beautiful!

17. Read this now, too! 🙂 WOW, you are amazing! This makes me so excited to go through it again (in most ways!).

18. Chelsey says:

I love reading babies birth stories!! ❤️❤️ And props to you for delivering a baby with no drugs—I went as long as I could before I needed something lol ?