Five On Friday!

1. Wow, I bet the first three years just FLY right by you! Love your picks from Old Navy!

2. Anonymous says:

I'd love to hear more about your "fun money" budget… I'm assuming you have a set amount of money for every month? What if you spend more or less than your assigned amount?

Your "Five on Friday" posts might *possibly* be my favorite from you. 😀 Love 'em.

Tricia

• Maybe I could do a post sometime on how we have our budget laid out.

Basically, Jim whipped up a fancy excel spread sheet where we divided everything into categories. We sat down and figured up how much money is coming in and how much money is definitely going out every month. Then, with the leftover, we broke it up into smaller groups, like "eating out", "misc", "entertainment" and put a set amount on it. So, if we use it up on the first day, that category is done for the month.

It has helped us really, really scale back on what we were spending. We've been doing it for almost a year now and the difference has been huge. We're living within our means, but still don't feel "deprived" because we have a small set amount of money that can go to fun stuff.

Of course, when an emergency arises, we can always cut out a category for a specific month or two, instead of tapping into savings.

3. Vanessa says:

I look forward to the 1st of every month for the same reason! And I usually end up spending my fun budget by at least day 3…ugh! 🙂 I love the ghost story too…your Instagram video was too funny!!!

Have a great weekend! 🙂

4. Rachel says:

I've never had a filling in any of my adult teeth–and every time I go to the dentist I really hope I can keep up my record! 🙂
    I love her description of the ghost as a "white guy"

• After two years, I thought for sure I'd probably blown it. But, nope! Still going strong. High fives for stellar enamel!

Oh yeah, lol everyone she has told is like….where did you take her to see a white guy dancing???

5. Old Navy sweaters (and pretty much everything they sell) always blow my fun money! I'm probably going there today, actually! 🙂 Happy Birthday to Little Miss A! 🙂

6. Tricia Regar says:

I can't wait to read about the purple birthday party, by the way. 🙂 Oh, but the reason I'm writing is: have you heard of Prison Break? Matt picked it up last night (we hadn't heard of it, but we thought we'd give it a try), and it just kind of *seems* like something you and Jim might like… based on you liking Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. It was super intense. :O

• Oh yes, the purple birthday party that will be taking over my life this week :p

My little brother loved that show! I can't remember how many seasons he watched, but he really enjoyed it. I have such a hard time getting Jim to commit to watching any shows I'm not sure I can manage to rope him in for another one! You'll have to let me know if you end up liking it 🙂

7. Kara says:

Dude, you looked awesome when you had A!

8. Sarah says: