It’s The Little Things: Trips To Target

1. How fun! Nothing like a trip to Target! Although my bank account always suffers! Precious pictures xx

2. Tiffany says:

Oh I love target!! This post is great, and she is seriously too cute!

3. Yay for target trips!! And for your self control, I have none! πŸ˜‰

wordsaboutwaverly.blogspot.com

4. Jenny says:

yay for target! and yay for that self control – we would've gone home with something even if it was just from the dollar bins! πŸ™‚

5. Carrie says:

Autumn and I just went on a Target run today and it was lovely. I love your hat and her bow, btw πŸ™‚

6. hello erin says:

i'm pretty sure you need that GIANT DOGGIE. i mean really. and i love her for snuggling the sea horses. . . she's just making sure they're loved before they go to the final homes. SO thoughtful πŸ™‚

Cash & I are headed there tomorrow…wish me luck. πŸ™‚ I will have self control. You are adorable! Please when you find out how to get your child to look & smile at the same time, please let me know. πŸ™‚

8. Visiting from the link up. Love her hair bow and coat! Too cute!

9. Courtney B says:

I am dying right now!!! Because 1. She is SO CUTE!! 2. I just browsed the aisles of Target with Mia for the first time in months and it was SO FUN! 3. I seriously took a picture of that toy and sent it to Eric asking if we should get it for our crappy little cemented back patio (seriously, it would stay outside. NEVER come inside) and he said yes. Maybe we SHOULDN'T get it?? And 4. I love that she understands that she can play with the toys there but won't go home with them! I hope I can teach that to Mia!

• It's just that the toy is SO LOUD. I mean, really, so loud. My sanity trumps the ball popper. lol.

I mostly "trained" her with it by laying out expectations before we ever go into the store, then keep reminding her while we are there, and then do warnings as we get close to time to leave. It has helped her learn that it's a fun thing to do but that we won't stay all day and we won't bring anything home with us. So far, no meltdowns πŸ™‚

10. Mine does not have a ball popper push toy, so I don't know firsthand the annoyance…I can only imagine. We'll leave that one at the store!

Trips to Target are the best. We go about once a week, but we are pretty good about nothing buying all the things. Mostly. Sometimes. Good for you for cutting it out cold turkey when you know it is too much of a temptation!

• We've never had one either, perhaps the tile floors and empty space around that particular aisle make it extremely noisy- but it's almost more than I can take! Ha!

They really are the best. I mean, my budget was only $50 to begin with so it's not like I was a super big spender, but when I really sat down to think about it, I was never buying things that we *had* to have or things that I couldn't find anywhere else. So, I decided to be a grown up and nix it from the budget{hopefully only temporarily though!!}

11. Rachel says:

That's awesome that you've raised her to be able to enjoy the toys at the store without tantrums about wanting them! My parents always had "store rules" that they would remind us of before we arrived at the store, one of them was no asking for new toys!

• Thanks πŸ™‚

My parents had those same rules and my Mimi still tells the story about how one time I quietly asked her, "Mimi? Do you have any extra money?" lol. I didn't ask straight out but I sure did try to navigate around the gag order.

12. Kara says:

No Target for like 3 months?! Insanity!

13. Yaya for trips to target. Sometimes I just like to go and bask in the aisles and not buy anything. Actually I can go through and talk myself out of a lot of things (my checkbook thanks me!). I love that Abigail is happy just playing with the toys in the store. I was thinking the other day, maybe I won't bring Ellie by the toys section…just the clothes and home decor. But now that I have "seen" how you do it, I think I can too!!!

• Definitely! I've read before about some moms who never take their kids past the aisles so that they don't get the gimmes. Which is fine too. But, for me, I think it has been valuable to teach her that there are lots of things that we want, but we A) don't always get them. B) sometimes we save for them or C) they are something we can wait patiently for as rewards, birthday/christmas presents.

14. What a great post with amazing photos! I absolutely love that she knows she is just looking and therefore just loves on everything and moves on. I love Target!

15. Shana says:

What a fun and cute post:) Have you heard anything about the fisher price sea horses starting fires? I don't know if it's true and they haven't issued a recall but thought you might want to check into it if your daughter has one at home.