A Penny Saved Is A Penny Spent On Nemo

1. Oh man, I love it. I really should do something like this with Marissa the next time she sees something she "needs".

2. Reading this made me smile so big. What a big/little memory all at once! xx

3. hello erin says:

Such an amazing lesson! I love this– and need to be a whole lot more like you!

4. Jess Beer says:

Oh I love this! She's going to learn so much – and go you for avoiding Target!

5. Soo cute. I think that's a great lesson for her to learn. I'm sure she will appreciate her money so much more from now on!

6. Tawnya Faust says:

You are such an incredible Mom, Courtney!! I love that you're teaching her such valuable life lessons! She will remember this forever, and imagine how proud of her Nemo stuffy she's going to be…. especially after spending her life's savings (haha) on it!

On a lighter note, we totally need to sit down and budget for this very reason, the starbucks runs and mall browsing totally adds up and there are things in our future we really need to save for…. Being an adult really sucks.

7. What an awesome way to teach her how to save money! My sister does the same thing, and it really helps the kids to learn how rewarding it is to save up and buy stuff with your own money. It's so cute that she got so attached to the Nemo, too! You need to show her Finding Nemo now!

8. Vanessa C says:

Love it!!! Girlfriend knew exactly what she wanted and went for it 🙂 What a sweet memory!

9. jennifer says:

Love this! She loves so proud of herself!

10. First of all, you go girl! Self control in Target AND Starbucks is hard to come by… at least with me it is lol. I am impressed!
    Second, the lesson you taught her is amazing. I will have to remember this for future reference. Mason is only 2 but in a year or so, I think this would be a very good thing to teach him!

11. This is one of the best posts I have ever read!! Please come move next door so I can learn from you in person every day!!!

12. Jenny says:

This is a great post! I love that you were able to teach her about money this way. When did you start having her save coins in her piggy bank? I've been wanting to do something with a money lesson with Callie just not sure she's old enough. I mean sure she would get putting coins into a container but not sure she grasps what it's for! 🙂

13. This is the sweetest story ever. Bless her sweet little heart!!!!

14. So smart! I think it is great you let her buy, and if she does end up regretting it I think it will be a much better lesson than anything you could tell her. Experiences are always better kept. I sure hope she just keeps on loving her big fish though ha =) I haven't thought too much about money with Aria, other than she has a college fund set up and a piggy bank where loose change goes.