A Day In The Life: Summer Edition

1. hello erin says:

I fully agree. Why oh why is that last 1.5 hours between nap and dad always so hard?! Our days looks pretty darn similar- except you guys have way funner games 🙂 Iex is slowly getting more into imaginary play– but I can't wait until she can play more like Abigail!

2. I love that you documented all of this in black and white!!! Scrumptious!!! 😉
    I'm also very thankful that you didn't lose a limb or your life in the gym pic. xx

3. I love these posts! I am half excited/half dreading the days that Liam can play with play-doh; I'm a little OCD with it! Also impressed that you can workout after eating dinner! I'm already a glass of wine deep and waiting for Liam to hit the sheets so I can assume the position on our couch! 🙂

4. Jenny says:

Love this post and all the photos that go with it. I can completely relate and may need to do a post like this one day. Although, I have to say I am so jealous I wish Liv took naps. She stopped napping at 1. My 2-1/2 year old needs no sleep. It's crazy, I swear it's worse than a newborn. Hopefully one day she'll enjoy sleep. One day…

5. Erica says:

I LOVE love love this! I did a post like this about my 8 month old daughter last month (http://www.whimsicalseptember.com/2014/07/a-day-in-life-of-hadley.html) and had so much fun doing it! I loved reading this post because I've always curious about what our routines will be like as she gets older.

6. I am pretty sure our days could not be more different! haha. Looks like a lot of fun. I wish I had that much time to soak up the sun, but alas my work desktop cannot come out doors. Love breakfast for dinner!

7. Aww what a great day! Ok I really love that Abigail FaceTimes with her grammy almost every day. That is awesome! And so nice for you to have some time to get things done. How do you workout after eating?? Ugh I so can't! I workout a lot more if I could.

Can't wait to have days like you with a little one!

8. Too fun and I have to agree the stretch of time before daddy gets home is rough!

9. Awesome post! You two cuties have a lot of fun! I love that she says "I'll keep you" so precious!!

10. Rachel says:

What a great day!!
    I love that Grammy reads A books at lunchtime!
    I too have been meaning to do one of these posts forever.. Hopefully soon 🙂

11. Kristen says:

what a fab post! i love what she is wearing when she rocks up in your room. too cute. i love all the black and whites as well, and your kitchen table.. and that bookshelf.. ok i want it all. facetiming with grammy is so cute, i hope to be able to do that one day!

That last stretch? May as well be forever. I feel like time stops at the same time every day. Ugh. Your day looks a lot like ours right now:)

What a darling girl! Love how she dresses up! What a little Fancy Nancy!

14. Heidi Paulsen says:

I love day in the life posts!!! Her outfit, oh I love it!!

15. Love her first thing out of bed outfit! Haha. It is bright in the morning, you do need sunglasses 🙂
    You know what's funny? I never realized that you hadn't done one of these so when I saw on FB that you had done one and said "ever wonder what we do in the Spena household?", I was like, actually, now I kinda do! Haha. Love this!

16. Samantha @ Elah Tree says:

This was so cool! I love how you captured so much! I love how much fun you two have together!

17. So true, between nap and dad is always the rough patch and it makes no sense since you should all be refreshed! I always turned on the cooking channel when Chris got home at 530. Since he gets home earlier now we seem to avoid that. I love the painter tape idea, that one is cute! Sounds like an excellent day.

18. lol I LOVE that she walks in with sunglasses on – cracked me up!
    I love your day, full of fun.
    I love these type of post, but like you I have a hard time remembering to take the photos throughout the day. Oy!

19. Your days sound pretty fabulous.
    And that stretch post-nap to daddy-arrival? Longest.hours.ever.

20. The hardest hours for us (the witching hours as most people call them) are from about 5:30 to 7:00. Sheer terror. It's almost as if someone flips a switch at 7 and voila! All better. #toddlersaresoweird I love your cute cute family!!