This Week Is Brought To You By The Letter “A”

I love that you start with a prayer! I am so stealing this for when my little one is old enough!

2. I love this, what a great mama you are! A is lucky to have you!

3. Man I am right there with you. Everyday we start with a devotion and prayer. It is by far the best and most perfect way to start our day. I wish that I had made that more of a priority last year. After that we move onto theology and Awana memory verse stuff. That has been pretty entertaining… the theology part. Sometimes I feel that deeply diving into one God in three persons might be over her 6 year old brain. Sometimes it feels like it is over my 30 year old one. But it is always good and I am excited that she is learning things at 6 that I struggle to grasp at 30.

We are doing letter of the week to, but even more laid back than you since we plan to do another year of Pre-K. I may have to use the curriculum you are using for next year once you can give me a good review at the end of the year.

This is great! We started out "toddler school" back up two weeks ago. This makes me so excited to see what is ahead for us next fall!

5. Too fun! I'm so glad you answered my question I had for you without me even having to ask it!! You are on your way to being a great teacher!

6. Erin Mason says:

So fun! It looks like you are doing awesome!!

7. Tawnya Faust says:

Wow! Looks like you're doing a great job with her! It also looks like so much work… so hats off to you, mama! xoxo

8. It looks like you are really rocking these whole homeschool mom thing! Conor was homeschooled and has fond memories of that; however, I don't think it's in the cards for me. I have much appreciation for it though! Awesome work Courtney!

9. Candace says:

I'm so glad that Miss A has a fun teacher like you are to keep her busy with memory verses and letters 😉 I do not have a teaching bone in my body (psychology major) and I SO appreciate good teachers like you (and my sister) !

10. brittany says:

she is sooo beautiful!! i love that you always knew you wanted to homeschool!! i didn't go to any pre-school, but i stayed home with my mom and did crafts, and that was definitely way better than going to actual pre-school, ha!! and yes, i am so so glad it is still legal to choose to educate your child however you wish! it's scary that there are people out there trying to make homeschool illegal. what?!? it's bad enough that God isn't allowed in the public school system! i really like knowing i have the option to homeschool one day!!

11. Jasam says:

Your strategy sounds really good! I am very curious as to how homeschooling works but I don't have a clue as my husband and I weren't homeschooled. Also, I don't think my husband wants our daughter to be homeschooled. Good thing, we have time to think about it since she just turn 1 🙂

12. I think this is fabulous. And YES – thank God we live in a country where it is still legal to home school. Every parent should have the right to do what they want for their kids. Amen to that! This makes my heart happy. I know you and the hubs have waited a long time for this. Enjoy the moment!

13. This curriculum looks darling and so does your little student!! I'll have to remember this when Olive gets a little older 🙂 Thanks for sharing! I wasn't homeschooled but am definitely interested in doing my own thing for preschool so I'm saving this for later

14. This is awesome! I really want to homeschool too, so I'll be looking to you in the future! I love this post so much!