How We Named Our Girl

1. Love this, it really is PERFECT!!! Can't wait to "meet" Miss Mabel! 🙂

2. Truly, such a beautiful name. Can't wait to "meet" Mabel! XO

3. Yay! I love family names!! Ellie's is named after my dads aunt Luella and I just loved it when I first heard it. We had to go with Ellie at the hospital because of her birth mom – but I love the nickname.

4. I love it!! I really like incorporating family names in some way too. I cracked up at your 'youneek' comment! So true. Beautiful name lady!

5. Jess Scott says:

I love this!! I totally get sounding "forced" but eventually it becomes so natural. 🙂 I love the reasoning! Just perfect! 🙂

6. Love her sweet name! It is so tender and lovable! So happy for y'all!!!

I felt the same way – when we first picked Vivian, it felt funny to call her that. But now, she's our little Vivi Pearl, and I just know that she will be a perfect fit to her name:) Just like Mabel Elizabeth. I'm literally loving all these pretty, old fashioned names that are coming back around. My best friend just chose Abigail as a top runner if they have a girl (they find out in a couple of weeks), and I immediately thought of you:)

It's beautiful! What a sweet story too!

9. Sweet, sweet Mabel. I adore it and the meaning. And I TOTALLY get you on unique but not YOUNEEK! 😉
    xx

10. MeganB. says:

Love the name & the meaning is perfect.
    I can't wait to see pictures of the family of four =)

11. oh some sniffles. That is perfect! We had a hard time with girl names. we had a solid boy name and of course Aria turned out to be a little girl. It felt so great when we finally agreed on Aria and we just love it and her =) Mabel is a great name. I love Hazel too.

So sweet! I love the meaning of Mabel. Choosing a name is so hard, fun, and important! I'm glad you were able to pick a name that you both love; and how sweet is it that your hubby was won over completely when he read the meaning of Mabel. 🙂 So exciting!!!

13. Stasia says:

My great grandmother's name was Mabel and we are pondering it as a middle name for a girl! LOVE the name!

14. Amanda says:

Girl names are truly so difficult! I love this story and it so made me teary eyed. So happy for you and your little, growing, family!!! Love it!

15. such a cute name!! Names can be hard, but it sounds like you guys were mostly on the same page! I can't wait to see her sweet face 🙂

16. Claire C. says:

What a gorgeous name!

17. Jamie L says:

I love the name!

18. Love her name, love the story and she will LOVE that you've written this down for her one day. You put so much thought into it and there's no doubt that Mabel will be just as lovable as her name suggests.

19. I loved her name when you announced it but now I love it even more! And of course, you know I love her middle name 😉 So, so special and perfect for her!

20. I found you through another blogger and LOVED this was your baby's name. My great grandmas name was Mabel and I've always wanted to use it but felt I would get total judgement for an "old" name. We named our first little girl Tilly and I feel like if we have another girl, Mabel will be the perfect match! I went back through your blog to see how you decided to chose it. I'm not even pregnant again yet, but for some reason feel I'm destined to have all girls! Haha