Miss Mabel’s Ultrasound

Yay girls!!! That "doesn't grow a penis in the meantime" line made me LOL, by the way, haha! I can totally identify with that fear of having them tell you they got it wrong after you've already totally locked in the gender in your head. 😉

2. Praying!! My brother has a cleft palate, and he had to have a couple surgeries in the beginning, but he is as normal and healthy as possible. Still praying that your child is 100% healthy with no mouth/lip issues. 🙂 Congratulations! Your husband is definitely out-ranked now! 😉

3. There is so much happy in this post that I just can't stand it!! 😀 BIG BIG hugs for you this morning, friend. Enjoy this time in your life – it's a precious, miraculous time! XO

4. Wonderful post! Your excitement is infectious! Congrats again 🙂

5. Shannon Kley says:

Hi Courtney! I've been following your blog for a while (I promise I'm not creepy) and I just wanted you to know that I'm so happy for you and you so deserve this. As someone who personally battles infertility, you truly give me hope that someday I'll have my own bundle of joy. Congrats and enjoy your miracle!!

6. Yay, so so happy for you friend!

7. Carol says:

The end of your post had me tears. I know the feeling! So happy for you!

8. Love this so very much, could not be happier for you!!!!! Xo

9. I love reading the raw authenticity of your heart, sister! Thanks for sharing. Will be praying for that second anatomy ultrasound!!! xx

So so glad! She seems perfect!!!

11. Tawnya Faust says:

I don't know if I'm just overly emotional right now but I am crying happy tears for you guys, and then sad tears for that last bit. I am so incredibly happy for your little family, God said 'yes' after so many years of saying 'no' because THIS was his plan, this was the perfect timing and when little Mabel arrives all of those answers will come to you because she will be the perfect fit for your family. 🙂 I can imagine it is all so overwhelming because it was unexpected and such a surprise but it's going to work our perfectly. My thoughts are with you guys 🙂 I can not wait to 'meet' baby Mabel!

12. Sarah says:

Beautifully said. I couldn't be happier for you. You will be an AMAZING mama of two precious girls!

I will be praying for a healthy anatomy scan at the end of this month. Courtney, this is all part of God's plan. All the no's before this one yes, that was all His doing, His perfect timing. Enjoy every moment {which I know you are} & place your worries & fear to Him. XO

14. Becky Goerend says:

Praying for your next ultrasound!

15. So surreal and over the moon excited for you!!

16. LOL I, too, hope that Mabel doesn't grow a penis! I'm sure if the ultra sound guy got the money shot, that you are pretty safe on that one though 😉
    Abigail is too funny… "yeah, I know mom" in regards to it being a girl. Like I can just see the attitude in her voice and on her face like "why did you even question me? of course!" haha. Oh, what a great big sister she will be!

17. Stasia says:

The same thing happened with bd… They could not get a pic of her for cleft pallet… I think it is fairly normal especially if you go in a little on the early side for the anatomy scan… But I still understand how it makes you worry! Will be praying!

Oh, how wonderful! It is so fun to see your little peanut on the ultrasound, I'm glad it went well for you and that you get to see her again in a few weeks! I can't wait to find out our little one's gender… that ultrasound date can't come quick enough 🙂

19. You seriously brought tears to my eyes with this post. Gosh I can't wait to feel that! I am so excited for y'all, Courtney! The ultrasound photos are amazing!!!

20. Hayley! says:

Love your heart and that you are sharing all of this with us. It's so nice to see this little blessing grow!

Also, my OB has a TV screen that is mounted in the corner so that when I'm laying on the table during an ultrasound, I see everything on that screen instead of the one the tech uses! I've never thought about how awesome that is, haha!

21. Sarah says:

another girl!! congrats!!! i love that you are already feeling movement 🙂 your belly looks so firm! i am a tad jeal jeal. ha ha! our fertility clinic had the awful neck crank for scans too, but thankfully the OB has a tv hanging from the ceiling at the end of the bed for me to look at now! & i get your nervous feelings sista. its an emotional whirlwind to be carrying these humans. what a blessing! and sometimes, still so hard not to wait for something to go wrong. i have made myself sick worrying every once in a while with this one! sigh.