February 23, 2015
It has been a while since I’ve tossed together a fun “about me” post of sorts and I realize that there are a lot of new faces around here! Sometimes I casually mention something, assuming that everyone knows it about me, and then I’ll get a comment reminding me that they don’t! So I thought it would be fun to do a little Courtney refresher 🙂 Nothing super important, just fun things that you might not know about me!
1. I have been a Christian my entire life. I’m a third generation Christian and have grown up in church my whole life. I grew up in non-denominational and baptist churches, but now attend a PCA(Presbyterian Church In America) church.
2. I went to public school up until 6th grade, started homeschooling at that point, went to community college in 11th and 12th grade, and then completed cosmetology school shortly after I graduated.
3. Jim and I met when I was 12 and he was 15. We started “talking” (Read: AOL Instant Messenger) shortly after I turned 14.
4. A brief Jim and Courtney timeline:
First talking in October of 2002
Courtney moves to Virginia in the summer of 2003 and our long distance relationship begins
Courtney moves back to Kansas City in December of 2005
We get engaged March of 2006
Married in December of 2006
5. My best friend is Lauren. We met when my family moved across the street from her house the summer before we started 3rd grade.
6. I’ve played the viola since 5th grade.
7. I worked at Starbucks for 2 years while in high school and cosmetology school. The addiction began then and has yet to let up.
8. My go to drink(should you ever need to order me one) is a grande vanilla latte with whip instead of foam.
9. I’ve lived in Indiana, Ohio, Kansas, Missouri, and Virginia.
10. I’ve been a Kansas City Royals and Kansas City Chiefs fan since 1996. The world series this last fall was basically the greatest thing ever.
11. I’m 5 7 and wear a 7.5 shoe.
12. I’ve never wanted to be anything but a stay at home mama and have always wanted lots and lots of babies(although I always thought I’d be a boy mom!)
13. I can still recite every single line from “A Walk To Remember” I have watched it so many times, and Lauren and I broke my tv with the built in VCR by watching “Girls Just Want To Have Fun” one too many times back to back.
14. My middle name is Nichole, spelled with a superfluous H. My mom wanted to name me Nichole but didn’t want anyone to call me “Nikki” so they went for the no nickname name option of Courtney instead.
15. I worked in a hair salon for 5 years before becoming a stay at home mom and never colored my hair until after I’d quit.
16. I love terrible tv. Reality tv, teenager shows, supernatural shows. Love em.
17. I’m a horrible athlete. I’ve never really played sports. I tried soccer and basketball when I was a kid and it is embarrassing to think about. I was a competitive cheerleader all through high school, which was fun, and I was pretty good, but I had to work really hard to be halfway decent.
18. I have the unique and special ability of turning a 5 minute simple and easy craft into an hour long one complete with tears and hot glue gun burns.
19. I have the unrefined palette of a 10 year old child. I like to eat “grown up” foods too, but if I had to choose, I’d pick macaroni and cheese, cereal, and pizza any day.
20. I don’t really like chocolate and I hate frosting/icing. Give me vanilla or a salty snack anyday.
21. We don’t have cable so whenever I go to my parents house I totally binge watch every HGTV and TLC show available.
22. I’m a huge, huge supporter of natural, intervention free childbirth and breastfeeding. I try not to be preachy and sanctimonious about it, but I have STRONG opinions when it comes to those two things.
23. It took us a year to get pregnant with Abigail, it took us over 3 years of trying(including a year of hardcore infertility treatment) to finally get pregnant with Mabel. I am about as well versed in the IF/TTC/2IF world as a person can be.
24. Whenever you see a cool blog graphic or image on my blog, chances are, Jim made it for me. I can’t do photo shop ANYTHING and he is basically the master. Luckily he reads and loves my blog so he is always nice enough to help me 🙂
25. Have I mentioned where we live yet? Oh yeah, we live in Joplin, MO. We travel a lot because we don’t have any family here, so we’re regularly going to Kansas City(Jim’s parents) and Phoenix(my parents) to visit, but the rest of the time we’re loving and living life in Southwest Missouri!
Anything else you want to know? Ask away!
Design by kaleigh turner creative. Designed with Showit.
A + Life
follow along @apluslifeblog