My First IKEA Experience

1. Ha, love your review! 🙂 I haven't been recently, we have one a couple hours away & plan to go in the next couple of months! I think you may have sold me on the trip. 😉

2. Jess Scott says:

Hahaha, I love that you reviewed your trip!! We have one about 2 hours away, too, so there's always lots of planning beforehand. We impulse buy A LOT when we go, but that's half the fun for us – a few new bowls, some new glasses, some frames and candles and ALWAYS some snacks – I am sure you were starving, but you HAVE to get a cinnamon bun next time. The ice cream is a close second. And, HELLO!!!! I passed on the Raskog cart because of the price, too, but I am definitely getting a few! Chad loved them, and I had to talk him down off the ledge after not getting one, but $50 was a but much…$30, I can handle!!

3. Glad you had a fun time in Ikea!! Ours is two hours away too and that's probably a good thing or else I would go all the time for the little things and end up spending too much. I need to go before my due date to pick up a few more things though! I love that Raskog cart, but don't know where I'd put it right now. Score that you got it for $30 though!

4. Kristen says:

oh I love Ikea. We had 2 back home within 30 minutes or whatever, and the closest one now is like 3 hours away 🙁 One day I am going to save up a bunch of money, drive my husband's truck up and there and buy ALL THE THINGS. I can't wait. Glad you had a great time!

5. Becky Goerend says:

What a great trip! You found a lot of awesome stuff! I love the gray baskets. I have a couple in brown in Wesley's nursery and they've held up really well. That utility cart is super adorable, too! I could totally see that in my boys' toy room…. hmmm!

6. Chelsea says:

How much fun!! I love IKEA.. I always am able to find something 🙂

7. Tanika Rice says:

I LOVE Ikea, but the nearest one is 2 hours away. I am currently not allowed to drive an hour outside of my delivery. SO, I have to get permission to go. ANYWAY. I wanted one of the Hermenes dressers for my little dudes room but the dresser was like…190? 150? something like that. Shipping? 299!!! ARE THEY UP IN THE NIGHT!??! No spank you spanky spankerton. So haven't had much luck or love shopping online, but I do love the store. I bought a bunch of drawer organizers for Gracie's room when I got pregnant with her. I still use them for her dresser and have pulled a few for little dudes. Look into those! 😀 They were like…9 bucks or something like that 🙂

8. I always look at that Raksag cart but can't spend the $49 on it. The sad thing is, I didn't even see it when I went yesterday. You got some great deals. I love those wicker baskets, I need more of them in my life ;).

Oh, I just love Ikea:) For both the experience and for the prices! We have one about an hour away, and I will def be visiting soon to stock up on some nursery items. And cinnamon rolls:)

10. Oh my goodness that looks like so much fun. I really want (scratch that) NEED to go sometime too. I have a big old list of kitchen stuff that I want to replace and I should really check out Ikea when I go to do that, right?!

11. That cart is on my list of things to get when I head to Ikea!!!! Thanks for the price drop notification, mama! xx

12. You're too cute, Courtney! I love this post 🙂 IKEA can be quite an adventure. I always have fun there. Sometimes they have great deals in the "clearance" area – I found a cute chair cover for super super cheap! You got some great stuff! I love you'll love your couch!

13. Hayley! says:

I'm so glad you did a recap of your day–I was wondering about the goodies that you bought when I saw your check out picture! 🙂 Sounds like you got some great stuff and I'm so glad that you have finally experienced the wonders of IKEA! I am a big fan of the HEMNES line (we have the dresser/nightstands in our master) and recently bought some organizational boxes during our trip after Christmas for Selah that are amazing! The drawer organizers have been a lifesaver too!! I can't wait to see more of Mabel's room come together! 😉

14. Jenny says:

you crack me up! You were so prepared for your Ikea trip! Like wow. Way to stick to your list and check stuff out! I love Ikea – we've only been a few times but love it each time! It is a dedicated trip! You did an awesome recap too!

15. You crack me up! I haven't been to an IKEA in a couple of years now and it kills me. There was a FABULOUS one up the road from us when we lived in Denver and now all I get is their website. Booo. Definitely not the same as going in person. I'm so glad you had a great time and found lots of goodies!

16. I'm glad you had a good time and got some good deals! We have one about a half hour away, but I NEVER go. I'm not sure why. My friend goes all the time, so I always ask her to pick up bibs. Pretty much the best bib ever for a toddler and they double as an art smock. If you don't have them, you're missing out! $4.99 for a 2 pack? Yes please! http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/70179754/

17. Liz says:

listen! you must meet me next time! got it!?! i am torn between the ektorp and the karlstad sofas. we have had ours for over 10 years, so i am waaay over the olive green microfiber.

18. I'm so happy you enjoyed your first trip!!! Although, I am a little sad you didn't get the ice cream lol. Honestly, IKEA is big, but I think it is manageable. We have one 20 min away so we go often and I like to just look around at their inspiration and see what new stuff they have. Sometimes we just go for picture frames or something small and we skip through with their short cuts and have never gotten lost. Overall, I'm super impressed with IKEA. And even though there might be 286823682362 people there on a Saturday, I feel like it's big enough that you would never know!

19. Laura says:

Okay, this makes me want to fix my Ikea virginity problem stat. 😉