Confessions From The Motherhood

1. Jana Tolman says:

Haha! We are the same with eggs a lot of the time–Joshua loves them and so do I. Plus they're so versatile. πŸ™‚

And we don't listen to "kid" music either. I figure as long as the music we're listening to doesn't swear or have explicit themes (which it doesn't because I don't like that stuff anyway!) we're good to go. My new favorite thing Joshua does is say, "Sick beats!" when Taylor Swift does her little talking portion of "Shake It Off." πŸ˜›

2. Jess Scott says:

I am SO glad you don't do crafts! We don't either! I did do a canvas painting of Cam's feet/hands for a Christmas project, and it ended with me texting his teacher asking how in the h*ll they do this with 12 kids at a time…we'll stick to crayons and coloring books, thank you very much! πŸ™‚ I second the comfy motto…if I'm wearing a bra (which I HAVE to these days) and clean underwear, I really don't care what else I throw on! πŸ™‚ I get more done when I'm comfy…or so I tell myself. πŸ™‚

3. Love this, Waverly is all about technology and can text like a boss! ;). And fancy dinners? Totally not worth it.

4. The fact that you quoted Ron Burgundy just confirms why I love you so much! πŸ˜‰ And yep, in our home we don't do much crafting, we stay at home for days on end and usually in our PJ's! XOXO

Oh i love mispronounced words! My youngest at work said "ooost to" for used to and "ooosually" usually for the longest time! It was adorable!

6. Sarah says:

Love having my "jammies for days" lifestyle validated by another mom! Thanks for the laugh and honesty!

7. You sound like the kind of mom I want to hang out with 24/7. Staying home is infinitely times better than going out and crafts are messy and hard and never turn out well, and WHY wear real pants a minute longer than you have to? Thats the real question.

Oh, how I love these confessions. Said (written) from the comfort of my living room, where Caleb and I are currently still sporting our pjs – with no plans on changing anytime soon. Egg sandwiches happen on about a weekly basis at our house (Mama ain't got time for fancy right now). And crafts? Overrated. Holiday handprint ornaments or paints on canvas is about as crafty as it gets up in here. We like chalk. We like coloring.

9. Jenny says:

oh I love this!!! Callie too is often (ok mostly) just in her underwear at home! Hey it's less laundry! We now live a hike from "town" too and I'm with you if there's nothing to do we don't need to leave home. πŸ™‚

10. Love these! We listen to any & all music in the car too, and Liam knows ALL the words to many songs. I frequently hear him throwing out things like "I'm bringing booty back" & "funk you up!" πŸ˜‰

11. hello erin says:

I refuse to go down the "kid music in the car" road because lex needs a good dose of pop so she can be cool when she gets to preschool. Because i much prefer her favorite song being "uptown funk" versus the wheels on the bus.

12. Love these! I will definitely be that mom in her PJs all day for sure! The second I get home I put on my PJs. Kid pronunciation is the cutest too! I wouldn't correct it either. πŸ™‚

13. I love this! Our toddler is pretty well spoken too, but like you, there's a few words we don't correct either, because they're just too cute! I'd like to do more crafts, but I am severely lacking in the creativity department. I'll stick to baking instead, since Reese loves that anyway πŸ™‚

14. Ha! Eggs have made a big to do in our house lately- wonder if it has anything to do with Costco selling 36 organic eggs for cheep (compelled to do a pun, sorry not sorry πŸ˜‰

We listen to my music in the car, too, which Cash loves just as much as me! πŸ™‚

16. We're egg fans too – ever make egg sandwiches? 2 fried eggs, a sprinkle of cheese and/or bacon bits all on your favorite bread. It's my hubby's go to dinner when he's in charge of cooking. Delicious, easy and low key dinner for the win. I love the warning not to just stop by your house and that Abigail likes listening to a variety of music. We are also guilty of staying home for days if we don't have any plans. We love being home and it's far cheaper than strolling through Target. I confess that Olive eats enough gold fish/pretzels/crackers for them to count as a food group. She's such a little snacker!

17. Kristen says:

eggs used to be the go to dinner at house (scrambled) and i think we overdosed. they are just so easy and good! i think i will listen to whatever music i want, and do zero crafts as well. haha. i'm not crafty at all so i feel like it would be a disservice to my kids πŸ˜‰

18. Skabetti! I LOVE it. LOVE this post! Girl, we haven't done a single craft because any time I try to do something fancy, Mason throws the stuff on the floor and walks away. Point taken kid! Also I love that she knows how to text lol. And that her favorite text emoji is a donut. Maybe tomorrows breakfast can be donuts and eggs? Subliminal hints? lol

19. Hayley! says:

I'm convinced that Eli and Abigail would be BFF's. We also opt for comfy clothes all day errday and he runs to get my phone when the text sound goes off because he can "make the happy" with the emoji's. Haha.

20. hahaha, I basically could have written this minus the crafts bit. Aria loves the crafts. Comfy is better. Who needs to go places? And I'm glad I'm not the only one that doesn't do kiddie music in the car. I get enough of that on Disney Jr.

21. Love this!! If we're not going anywhere we stay in our jams practically all day!! My music all the time!!

22. Candace says:

This is awesome. I never correct my girls words and if somebody does, they get the stink eye! Also, Liv can already use my iPhone better than I can! My worst confession–my girls have been spending a LOT of time watching Disney Jr while Mama lays on the couch… I find some pretty weird things going on when I get up and find them after I dose off… Oops.

23. I had forgotten that eggs was an easy dinner, but recently started doing them (needed those empty shells to fill with confetti too). and we'll spend days here too, only leaving the house to go grocery shoppin'. hopefully we can get out more now that it's spring!