Escapades Under The House

So glad you guys were safe and had a place to go. But, I am not going to lie – you are one BRAVE woman for going into a crawl space at night. Eeeeek! The thought of it gives me the heebie jeebies. I have a touch of claustrophobia already, so the idea of getting into a tiny space with a big ol' belly and then getting stuck in there makes me sweat! Major snaps to you girl!:)

2. hello erin says:

I'm not sure what I'm more scared of? The severe weather or the crawl space… I would be looking around for bones and bugs (I obviously watch way too much TV).

3. Jess Scott says:

Oh my gosh! I am so glad it wasn't serious and you were able to get in – and out!! We just get a sh*t ton of snow in Maine, so thankfully, we don't have to climb into any shelters. I hope this is the only time you have to do it pregnant!! 🙂

4. Looks like another trip to the crawl space might happen today… UGH. I am not excited about the weather today friend. Emily just brought me a picture that she drew of a house. Then she pointed out that it had 3 tornado shelters in it. Not today kid, not today.

5. Yikes! Glad you have a safe place though, tornadoes freak me out!

6. This just gives me the chills! I do not think I could handle being in the crawl space, eek! But you are such a good mama for taking care of your girls!

Glad everyone is safe! We have unpredictable weather here in Dallas, but nothing that bad as of yet! We do get the Tshirts one day and Parkas the next changes…that sucks! lol

8. Jess Beer says:

OMG. I would be freaked out…I hate small spaces. Also…I don't know if I've ever even seen a crawlspace, haha! We all have basements here…

9. Oh you are brave. I am up in Montana and other than snow we rarely have 'weather' and if I see a green-ish cloud in the sky I panic. We don't have emergency horns or anything like that. Having a manufactured home, I have a crawl space that is exactly as big as my house just about 4' tall is all. I worked hard to get that ready for my house to be mounted to and that was the last time I went down there. I have an exterior entrance to it and there are tons of black widows, NO THANK YOU. So if Montana were ever to have that crazy of weather I would go to my moms (2 doors down) to her super basement (the ceiling height is 10' down there) and sit comfortably in the recliner as it passed.
    You and Miss A look super cute and luckily you were able to pass the time with Netflix safely.

10. I've never had to experience anything like this since we've never lived in a tornado zone, good thing you guys made it in and out of your crawl space safely!

11. Glad the storm passed without incident. I live in Wisconsin, so everyone here has basements. I'm not too familiar with crawl spaces – is it a ladder you had to climb down?

12. Sarah says:

I've always been terrified of tornadoes!! I'm not sure why, but it's a SEVERE phobia that I have! Like, I have regular occurring dreams (nightmares!) about them every year when spring and summer roll around. It's weird. And growing up in Iowa, I've spent far too many hours freaking out in basements; yet stupidly, I chose to move to Kansas after college!! I still hate tornadoes and dread the day that I'm home alone with two kiddos during a tornado warning. It will be really hard for me to keep my composure. So props to you for being so strong for your two girlies! Stay safe tonight…sounds like some more scary stuff headed towards us in Kansas and Missouri!

Oh my goodness! So glad you are all safe.

Here in WI, we pretty much all of basements. How does the crawl space work? Did you have to crawl under that opening in the garage??

14. Jenny says:

So glad you guys were ok! You are my hero crawling into that space while preggo! I don't blame you for needing a hand to get out!

15. Goodness…how does that tiny space not freak you out? I would get so claustrophobic! The crawl space under our house is covered in spiders and I'm not sure what scares me more…tornadoes or spiders. Thankful it passed without being too bad!

16. Nicole says:

We were at a dive club meeting and they told us to head for home NOW. We ran to the store real quick and then headed home and no more than got home and it all hit. It was kind of wicked!

17. Amanda says:

Eeeky for sure! Thankful ya'll were kept safe with a minor hilariously short story to share too. Oh and the squatting…at least you got your workout and labor prep complete for that day. 😉

18. Laura says:

Too cute, you girls! I used to be terrified of tornadoes and bad storms when I was little, but we have never had a tornado, and only have a few severe storms each spring/summer.

19. Kristen says:

wait, you have to get down in that hole?! wtf?!?! that's insane. we have tornado warnings here and they scare me so bad but they've never really been serious… we don't have tornadoes where i'm from so any warning scares me!

20. I'm glad everything was okay! Bravo to you for getting you and your girls to safety. Glad that Jim could come home and rescue you. Hope the Spring is an uneventful one for your town 🙂

21. That is so scary! I think I would hyperventilate in that tiny space! XOXO
    We don't get weather like that. I think the last tornado we had in Pittsburgh was in 1985!

22. Best to be safe than sorry. That saying came about for a reason. I'm glad everyone was safe! I've experienced floods, hurricanes, and a few tornadoes (being from Texas) but nothing like tornado alley gets!

23. Ashley Alcorn says:

I gave birth at Mercy the night of the storms. That was a fun one! I had her at 12pm and my mom was home with our 21 month old. I didn't like the idea of her having to get a toddler and herself outside into our tornado shelter, so I sent my husband home to help them right before it hit. They evacuated us twice into an interior classroom. Once at 8pm and again around 2-3am. So, we were in a tiny room, 4 new mommies, 2 in early labor, and one in the hallway who was active enough to not get out of bed. Needless to say, we didn't get much sleep!

24. Oh my that is so scary!! I am so glad ya'll fit and could get out. We have family in NE and their rental didn't have a basement or crawl space so they threw a helmet on their 4 year old and stuck her in the bath tub for their first storm!!