My Natural Labor & Delivery Plans

1. Amanda says:

Love this!!!!! So happy for you. I would totally go birth at the farm if I could. Sometimes the birders are the most difficult ones to deal with during a nucm hospital birth but so glad your dr is absolutely supportive and already have you the wise to preface with her name!!! Love it! So excited for you!

2. Love this! I'm so excited for us both! Our plans are almost identical (which I expected) except I'm hoping for a water birth. My doula recently sent me some ideas about laboring at home that I have been meaning to forward to you. And one of my favorite birth affirmations: your body was made to do this and your baby knows how to be born!

3. Rebekah @ Living && Learning says:

Your birth plan is very similar to mine & to my previous birth plan. We're planning to birth at a birth center this time but just in case of transfer I've gone ahead with making a true birth plan (my midwife is pro birth plan so there's no confusion with nurses etc in room) but this time I'm making a visual birth plan so it's easier for everyone to read/see at a glance & hopefully those that wouldn't normally read it, will since it's so easy!

4. Do it! My birth plans were pretty much identical to yours. Unfortunately, my little bundle of joy was 16 days late so I ended up being induced (http://sarahlillianblogs.blogspot.com/2015/03/lillian-isadore-birth-story.html) but I'm planning on a natural birth with my future babies if at all possible. Good luck, mama. Your body is made to do this and you can totally rock it!

5. Jess Beer says:

I love love reading about natural births and birth plans! I'm so proud to know all of you who do it this way, and really wish I could see myself doing it… but I just can't. I'm a wuss and I know it. My feelings may change when we get to baby two, but only time will tell. I also may be high risk next time since I had preeclampsia last time. I love that birth is such an individual experience and can't wait to hear how Mabel arrives! <3

6. Rock it, mama! Loved reading this. I can't wait to read about Mabel's birth and the way God shows up and shows off through it!!! Also…that verse…dang. Labor of love! AMEN! xx

7. Yay! Can't wait to "meet" Mabel! Also, I start my OB rotation this Summer so this makes me even happier!

I loved reading your plan. I haven't thought too much about that part…yet. The hospital at which I delivered Cash & will deliver Baby Bean is labor, deliver & recover all in the same room with baby. I love it!

9. You go, mama!!! Like you – I plan to (within reason) – refuse an induction. Can't wait to hear about the birth and can't believe it will be so soon!

10. Kristen says:

I really enjoyed reading this. I have done a lot of research but I think I'll fully settle on my plans once I get pregnant – which, who knows when that will be?! Honestly, my dream plan would be this: Be due in like May. Fly home to Aus in 2nd trimester because the whole health system is a million times better and babies are delivered by midwives and it's free and my mummy will be there. All the things I will have to worry about here will be non existent over there. Because it will be May, KC, who is a teacher, can fly over when the year ends, or earlier and we can stay in Oz for a couple months until we are ready to fly home. It's literally cheaper to do that than have a baby here.
    If that doesn't work – or for a second child when we can't just up and fly around the world – mine would basically look like yours, although I'm not 100% about after the baby is born with the eye ointment and stuff. I haven't done a lot of research but from what i have, I am not opposed to some of the things they do here. Of course keeping baby with me and stuff. I mean, this is all just why I want to have my baby at home. So much less stress.
    Anyway this was a ridiculously long comment for someone who isn't even pregnant.

11. Nicole says:

hehe you said Dr. B…. Dr. Barlet?

My birth plan was to get through summer school… it didn't happen. I didn't want to be there anyway, the school didn't give me any choice. I was there every day up to my due date which she came on. I had planned to take finals that day since they thought they'd have to do a C-section (I don't really know why but there was something…) and then my water broke on my due date and she came about the time I would have been taking my final which was planned a head of time so. ha!

12. This is awesome! I cracked up about your mindset switching from "WEIRDOS" to "I want in!!!" Lol.
    I had a very similar birth plan with both of mine. I also wasn't as well versed on the baby stuff though (eye ointment, delayed cord clamping, etc.) so I kind of just let them do whatever with mine and I do regret that and would do it differently next time. I am thankful for immediate skin to skin and nursing both times, though! That is awesome that your doctor is so supportive!! We went to a larger practice and I was SOOOO blessed to have an amazing, supportive doctor deliver my second daughter. I had never met her before that, but she was incredible and completely supportive of my desire to go natural and she really made the setting completely peaceful for me and just let me do my thing. It was totally different from the atmosphere at first birth at the same hospital!

13. Tawnya Faust says:

Good luck to you, sweetheart! I hope and pray you can stick to your birth plan 🙂 Know that the nurses want what's best for you and I think it's great to state your plan in the way that your doctor and yourself already discussed it. I feel like the nurses would be more receptive to that 🙂 GOOD LUCK! 🙂

14. I think that this book you reference is right up my alley. Sounds like a plan I would go for if ever blessed with the chance. I hated how Ellie's eyes were after the ointment and wish we could have had more of a say in what happened with her (maybe we will for her brother?) but I am curious why you are foregoing the ointment all together? This must all be lined out in the book I presume.

15. Love love love this. This is all identical to both of my births except I stayed at home. Also, that's my favorite book ever, I read it about 5 times (seriously) because it was so encouraging and reassuring. Too bad we can't talk each other's ears off about this, one of my favorite subjects 🙂

16. Carolyn says:

I love this birth plan! I wanted to have a natural child birth with Weston, and unfortunately, everything went against me and I had a c-section. HAHA! It was fine though, but I still love the idea of natural childbirth!

Also – great birth story!!!

17. Candace says:

Love it. I'll be praying everything goes smoothly Mama!