Postpartum Tips & Tricks

1. I remember the exact day I felt human again after having Connor… November 15th, 16 days after having him. I left him at home (gasp!) and went and got my hair done. I then meet him and James at Cracker Barrel and ate my weight in chicken and dumplings. BEST DAY EVER. It felt so good to have a bit of me time to think, reflect, wonder… we were 6 weeks away from moving across the country so I needed a moment to breath.
    I applaud you for rocking being a Mom of 2, one who leaves the house and gets dressed. But I bet there are days when none of those things happen and that makes you just as awesome in my eyes as when you do.

Love your honesty – instead of letting people think you're a freak of nature, you put it right out there how you did it. And that's why I love you:) You are rocking the mama to 2 thing!

3. hello erin says:

You really are a unicorn. I had to go to my brothers wedding the day after i got out of the hospital and i was a HOT MESS. And barely walking. And you-
    Your gloriously glamorous and adorable and rocking that babe!

4. You were really rocking it post partum! But I swear it mostly has to do with your natural birth! My recover was so different this time than it was with Liam! Many people said it was because it was my second baby, but I'm not sure I'm buying that!

5. Jess Beer says:

These are great tips! I agree that having help from a parent is the best though – my MIL came and cleaned and cooked for us every day after Abbie was born and it was nice to just focus on Abbie.

6. Kate, I totally see it. That is good advice. I wear a lot of black not because I just had a baby but I do fall into the plumperish category so that and the cardigans have become my best friends lately. This is really good advice. ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Great tips! I need to remember to invest in some black nursing tops. You look so great though, seriously. ๐Ÿ™‚

8. Seriously, you look fantastic and it shows that you feel good and really thats all that matters. Second baby delivery and recovery were so much easier I feel, and having an older child to 'keep up with' motivated me to get out if the house. These tips are spot on!

9. You look amazing! And amen for moms…what would we do without them? Seriously keeping all of these tips in mind for the next couple of weeks!

10. Ashley Dorey says:

It's definitely nice having extra hands around the house after a new baby. You look fantastic though…glowing!

11. Natasha says:

You look awesome! Hope you are all settling in well.

12. Stasia says:

Love this! People though I was crazy going out last time so soon after the baby as well. Babies are so portable ๐Ÿ™‚

13. Way to go! Getting out and about and doing the things that make you feel best most definitely lead to a good recovery process ๐Ÿ™‚

14. These are great tips and I will have to keep them in mind if we ever have a # 2. But I have to be honest and say… I use some of them now! LOL. Black is my best friend as are scarves ๐Ÿ™‚

15. you really do look amazing – way better than that Kate girl ๐Ÿ˜‰ I am keeping these tips in mind for future reference!

16. You DO look fantastic. I guess we'll see if these tips work for me once Baby Bum is here!

17. You are a rock star. And look amazing. And have some pretty stellar tips.
    It took me forever and a day to feel "normal" again after Marcus, and I'm really hoping things will be a little different this time around. However, I did learn from him that black and stretchy are more than mandatory. ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Carolyn says:

These are all great tips! I was intrigued by the belly bandit last pregnancy, but never tried it. I might have to give it a go this time around!!

19. You look awesome! And that tiny little girl is adorable!