The Definition Of Insanity

1. Hayley! says:

Ah, I hurt for you, girl! Eli was a quiet, easy tempered kid up until a few months ago and since then it's been hard. He scoffs and laughs at the promise of discipline and it's hard to keep pushing on each day! I'm glad that it seems she is turning a corner!

2. Love how vacation brings out the best in everyone. Liam has always been like Abigail, such a people pleaser and just so sweet! Three has thrown us off a bit. We are going through a huge not listening phase. Too often I say "if not this, then this" and it's not how I want to spend our days. Hopefully it is short lived for everyone.

3. You took so many words right out of my mouth. I have a post in the works that is eerily similar to the words you've written.

Two was so easy for us. Three was pretty good, and then a switch was flipped. Probably not so coincidentally when Julia arrived.

Hang in there, momma. You're raising those two little ladies just beautifully.

4. I can see how even though the newborn stage is really tiring and stressful, it gets crazy later on because they start to talk and argue! Sounds like you guys are doing the right thing and she'll be just fine. She sure is a beautiful little girl.

5. Oh I feel you, Courtney! But mine was most definitely from 3.5-4.5; screaming tantrums, hitting, it was so sad and disruptive. And then I realize alot did have to do with adding a baby to the mix. As much as we prepare them it still doesnt come close to the reality of siblinghood (pretty sure I just couned that word lol) But a year later and the fits are fewer and farer between and my sweet, smart, funny girl has returned. Being a parent is insanity but would we really have it any other way?

6. Honestly, I wish I had advice for you. Not only do I only have one, but he acts like Abigail used to. And I'm not trying to say that to brag, but to just tell you that I feel for you and hope that her bad attitude is short lived and sweet Abigail comes back soon. Maybe she just needed a little vacation and time away to flip the switch back? Hoping the good behavior is here to stay!

7. Oh Abigail!! This sounds like it's been a tough road for y'all, but I'm excited that you're starting to see glimpses of your sweet girl again. It seems as though all kids hit a rough patch where they've just got to work through their feelings and nothing you can do makes it immediately better. Change is tricky for everyone and i think you're right to point out that each season of life has its blessings. One day you'll look back and giggle about this because it'll seem so far away and your girls will be besties. Good luck!!

8. MeganB. says:

hugs upon hugs. The same thing has been happening at our house too. I saw a big difference in attitude once Ella was born. Katie really is such a wonderful big sister and LOVES Ella but she isn't so fond of the less attention and therefore I think she acts out to get more attention…even the wrong type of mommy & daddy's attention. She can have extremely sweet and "my old Katie" moments and then 10 minutes later it's like "hey where'd my kid go?" lol. All this to say, at least it's normal I assume. All part of adjusting… and I guess as mamas all we can do is pray, talk, discipline and correct those rough moments & continue to disciple them. Oh…and eat chocolate. Because chocolate always helps. ??

9. MeganB. says:

10. MeganB. says:

11. I've heard about the "F" Fours and that's got to be tough. I think every age brings on new and challenging things…unless it gets really bad I think just plugging along. Although I have had this happen with my students over the years and sometimes they just need a refresher of the "rules and expectations" for behavior and I had to be extra tough and super consistent for s few days and that got them back on track.

Good luck and I know that Abigail is a fantastically beautiful and kind hearted girl. Just know it's a phase and you are doing a great job!

12. Oh girl, I feel for you! I took Waverly on a date the other day with just us two and it did make me a little sad that we can't do those things so often anymore. Waverly has always been a sassy little thing, sister or not, haha, but hang in there! You are a great mama!

13. brittany says:

oh i completely relate!!! maybe it's just the new sibling that pushes them into a phase of testing boundaries and almost *asking* for punishment, because we've hit that at age three! and i am like you, i am nothing but absolutely thrilled to have a new bundle of joy in our fam!!! but i totally have had moments of longing for the just me and her best friendship! and at the same time i feel guilty that my second born doesn't get that at all!

14. Candace says:

Ohmygosh YES. I thought I was the only one! Miss Hannah was EASY peasy for 3 whole years and this summer she turned four… And turned into a different child. I seriously shed tears over it. Sass, and fits and attitude and whining–where is my sweet compliant little girl?! She seems to be handling the addition of baby brother pretty well, but I'm so frustrated when I planned on relying on a big-girl helper and now have an emotional mess. ?

15. hello erin says:

Ok. BEST VACATION EVER!! I love it! So much fun in the sand sun and pool!