Our Favorite Children’s Books

1. Elizabeth says:

You should try the book with no pictures! It's absolutely hilarious and my daughter loves it. She also really likes the day the crayons quit, and it's sequel.

2. Sarah says:

Berenstain Bears and Amelia Bedelia were two of my childhood favorites!! Crazy how little changes through the years when it comes to reading. I wonder if tweens still read The Babysitter's Club??

Good ones! We LOVE Fancy Nancy!

4. We love BB & Curious George. And Amelia Bedelia was a favorite of mine growing up. I cannot wait till Liam is ready for chapter books like Charlotte's Web & James and the Giant Peach!

5. Diana Elle says:

I loved reading the berenstain bears when I was little and my little sister was obsessed with Amelia Bedelia (i don't recall reading that).

6. Fancy Nancy is a big hit at our house along with anything that rhymes these days. I just pulled out all of our Christmas books and Olive is in heaven. It's fun to see how her tastes change as she's getting older, but I sure hope she always loves books.

7. Jess Scott says:

Most of our books are boy related, so I don't have any suggestions, but have you tried any of Chris Van Dusen's books? Circus Ship is one of our favorites, but he has a few others that are great. They are rhyming books, and the illustrations are amazing!

8. We love all of these series too! I've read an abridged Peter Pan and since it had some pictures, Kinsey tolerated it but then I got ambitious and started reading The Wizard of Oz and only got through 4 chapters, sigh. There's always next year!

9. Sara McCarty says:

Love this! I need to add the Fancy Nancy and Amelia Bedilia books to Mim's Christmas wishlist! All our books are currently about trucks or dinosaurs!

10. What about the American Doll series? She might still be a bit young for them, but I loved getting lost in those when I was in elementary. I loved Amelia Bedelia books too!!! My husband hadn't ever read them before so he thought they were weird at first, but now he totally gets them and loves them. ha!

11. Jenny says:

We love those little house books! So glad I stumbled on that suggestion of yours before! Have you tried any of the bitty baby books? You can get them on Amazon and they are longer stories but lots of pictures and really good lessons. Callie who won't sit still for much always finishes those books!

12. I love these suggestions and they would be great for me to read with my nanny first grader!!