The Kitchen Corner Cabinet

I personally like the navy a lot. And if you put in some white decor, it will totally pop against such a dark color. I say yay!

2. I think I like the navy too and say white with some fun pops of color would be perfect inside.

3. I think the navy looks great! But no advice on how to style things inside it, because girl – I am always at a loss as to how to decorate things like that. I will be looking forward to seeing what you do with it for sure! I'm sure you will have it looking gorg in no time. If I were you, I think I'd avoid putting anything on top of it, just because it sits so close to the door, I don't think you really need anything there!

4. Ariane says:

The navy seems really dark by itself, hard to tell without stuff in from if it will be brightened up enough. The mug idea sounds really cute! I like the idea of displaying things that are meaningful to you over buying new stuff to achieve a certain look. Other ideas: small sets of matching dishwater, any other collections besides the mugs. I think something on top would look great!

5. Jess Scott says:

Ok, I am totally not an interior designer, but I would say that a dark inside takes away from anything you're going to put in there. I LOVE the pop of color with coral or aqua, but you could also leave everything white and find fun pieces at thrifts stores or Anthropologie, to put inside. Cookbooks? Is it somewhere that's convenient for every day things like coffee mugs or more of a place to store hardly-used pieces like serving platters and bowls? If you're not eclectic, I think this would be the perfect place to be eclectic and not so matchy! Just my opinion. 😉

6. Nicole Mangum says:

I think the navy is pretty! I wouldn't put anything on top. From the pictures, it looks pretty close to the ceiling so putting something on top may make it look cluttered? If it was me, I would stick with pretty white dishes and then do small pops of colors with other things like fake flowers or dish towels. I don't know if you registered for wedding china when you got married, but it would be a great place to display it if you did!

• Thanks for your input, Nicole!

I hadn't considered putting anything on top but then I noticed the inspiration pictures I posted did, so I wondered if maybe I should. I'm glad I have one less thing to worry about!

I do have china- that we NEVER use but it needs to be used! That being said, I don't want to make my kitchen feel super formal. I'd love to put white dishes in there….I just need to acquire some first :p

7. The navy is beautiful in there. Anything white would pop against that. If you wanted to put something on the top, I would go green like a plant because you have the green wreath on the door 🙂

8. I like the styling in that first picture! And I like the navy too. I would say no to anything on top, since it'll just distract from what's inside. Such a cute little cabinet!

9. What an awesome cabinet! I would honestly keep it white and add pops of color!

I love that cabinet! And even though your walls are white, I would probably keep the cabinet white – inside and out. Then you can add things with bits of color and even change them out throughout the year if you want. Christmas/Easter/Summer/Fall … it's really so pretty! I can't wait to see how you decide to fix it up!

11. I like the current paint job and LOVE the cabinet. I'd probably leave the top clear unless you find something you really love for it or maybe do some greenery + lights at Christmas. I think I'd put a mix of things in it – cake plates, dishes, pitchers, pretty glasses, china, etc. so you'd have a mix of whites and metallics to pop against the navy. I'd probably stick with more kitchen/serving pieces since it is in your kitchen. You could add pops of color in it, small topiary plants or an S for Spena?? Is there any cabinet lighting in it?? That might be a fun addition down the line. You could also come up with some basic items you love and then add in holiday appropriate things each month. Ahhhhhh sooooooo many possibilities 🙂 Makes me want to go garage saling with you to gather some fun things.

12. That's it I need a corner cabinet! haha, and I love the navy blue!

13. You should definitely do a pop of color.

14. I just love that nook! I tend to go for a minimalist look, so I would put in all white dishware (maybe a single pop of a pastel). Mostly platters and vases or pitchers that I don't use frequently.

15. Jessica G. says:

Such a cute cabinet! Would you consider taking the top door off of it? I am an open concept kind of gal. And I really think you could put anything in there. Like it you put mugs, you could try stacking two and putting them in rows. Or put your dishes in there stacked. Or just make it a cabinet for display pieces.

16. The cabinet!!
    Do you have China? It might make a great place to showcase some of your pretty pieces!