New Home Tour: The Exterior

I just love the charm of your house so much! You & Jim are definitely making this house your own! You & I are the same when it comes to projects. I make the plan & discuss with Luke, then he gets to work & rocks my world with how it ends up. We have some outside projects in the works before my 30th cookout that we are having the first weekend in June. So, yeah, we should probably get on those. πŸ˜‰

It looks great, Courtney!

2. ashley says:

I LOVE what you guys have done already. We love house projects and although they take us 400000 years now (with two kids) they are always worth it!

3. Girl, with all the changes you have made on both the inside and the outside, you guys have been BUSY! Whew! But everything looks absolutely great – as much as I love a fun colored front door, there is something really special about preserving original things when you can, so I’m glad that you were able to do that with your door. And you were right – we are deck twins! Your deck reminds me so much of ours, and we are LOVING ours! I am already wondering how, in three years when we have to move after B’s residency ends, we will ever find a house with a backyard and deck that I love as much as I love this one. Sigh. Can’t wait to see some deets on Mabel’s first birthday!

PS: Boo for internet trolls first thing in the morning. Ugh.

4. Ashley Dorey says:

The front of you home is so beautiful! I love how it looks with the newly painted shutters. And it’s amazing how different it looks just by removing all the large shrubs!

5. Sarah S. says:

That deck is amazing!!!! You guys have done such a fabulous job with EVERYTHING (ummm holy busy!). This house has so much charm–both inside and out and I just love your home tours! Nicely done, Courtney and Jim!

6. Jamie says:

Wow, you guys have done a lot! I love the wood front door, but definitely sounds like it was a lot of work. I have to admit I’m with you on the door knocker – it looks better black, but I’m not a fan of the face πŸ™‚ Also, your backyard and deck look awesome! I love the trees!

7. What a cute place! I love the look of it all and the shrubs!

It’s amazing what a transformation just the new plants, shutter color and front door did to the front of your house! We are in escrow on a house built in 1939. Like yours, it is totally livable just how it is, but I am already making a list of ideas I want to do to the place and I swear your blog/house gives me so much inspiration for it.

9. I love the pop of color on your shutters- makes me want to do the same!!!

10. Jess Beer says:

I need to just move in with you now, okay? I adore your house!

11. Chelsea says:

Love how cute it is πŸ™‚ White brick is my fav!! Chelsea @ http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

12. brittany says:

i love it i love it i love it!!! we have so much we need to do to our exterior but we have done juuuust about none. and go jim!!!!! the door seriously looks amazing and i can’t imagine all it took to get through that paint!!

13. Laura says:

Love how it is turning out! I dream of a “fixer upper” just like this! Can’t wait to see everything you do to it!

14. Ashley Mills says:

Jared’s about to be upset because you’re lighting a fire under me to really start the little projects I want done around our house! πŸ™‚ hehe! It looks amazing!!!

15. Whitney says:

Loving the updates! That green trim/shutter paint is so soft and soothing. Have you thought of adding a little awning over your side door entrance? And I totally got the Jacob Marley head knocker vibe! Haha!

16. Amanda says:

Our house in Illinois had a detached garage all growing up, so I am more used to that than one that connects! You get used to it and it’s not really a big deal. Looks great!

17. Chrissy says:

Your home is beautiful! You guys did such an amazing job! Can’t wait to see the inside!

18. Stephanie says:

For what it’s worth Jim, the work you put into that front door was worth it. It’s beautiful.

19. Amanda says:

You guys did an awesome job! I love the more muted shutters and your front door is beautiful!!

20. Vanessa says:

The front of your house takes my breath away every single time! And that door is gorg!!!

21. The updates look amazing!! Way to go and my favorite line was… “when I say we, obviously I mean, Jim” made me LOL. Love the new landscaping, the paint colors, light fixtures, your gorgeous deck and backyard. Your house is super charming. Our new house has a detached garage, too. I’m hoping it won’t be a big deal because I’m stuck with it πŸ™‚

22. Julie Joy says:

Fabulous job! I absolutely love that you restored the front door! So amazing! Your house is beautiful and your improvements look great!

23. kristen says:

omg i seriously love your house. it is amazing. i have never had a garage, i want one for the next house for sure. and that sucks about all the big work you are going to have to do with the foundation or brick work. blah. why can’t everything be perfect with houses lol. our house is a fixer upper in the same sense, lots of projects, definitely not HGTV’s definition lol

24. Tawnya says:

You guys have put so much work into this home already but seriously I am in LOVE with it. Did you see the home I snapped a couple of weeks ago? I’ve been DREAMING about buying it or something like it (there are a bunch in that town)… well my husband has a job interview next week for a job there (it’s across the freaking country!!) how crazy is that?!

Anyway you guys definitely inspire me to go for it and I love seeing your updates! XO

25. Leslie says:

That front door is just gorgeous! Good call on keeping it and restoring it – and great job, Jim! Your house is just so, so pretty.

26. Courtney says:

I love it!! So right about that front door. So so much CHARM everywhere.

27. Laura Keenan says:

Everything looks so great, but I am especially loving that door! Excellent work Jim! And I kinda like the Jacob Marley knocker. πŸ™‚

28. It looks SO good! The color of the shutters, the door…it’s all just perfect! I think my favorite part is the big back deck. If we ever move, that’s on my list of things I want in a house!

29. Kim S. says:

I love this look. Would you post the paint colors, especially the shutter color? Your house is so charming and you all did a terrific job. Love it!

• courtneyspena@gmail.com says:

Hey Kim!

Thank you so very much! and thank you for asking- I can’t believe I hadn’t included that info in my post. I’ll have to go back and add it!

The shutter color is Benjamin Moore Tree Moss.