Memorial Day Weekend Trip To Indiana

1. I think I am the only person in Indiana who doesn’t care for Pizza King. And we actually had it for lunch yesterday at work! Blah! But give me all the Spanish Sauce Hot Dogs, please!

2. Jena says:

Ugh. I hear you, girl! My parents have just sold our family home, and it’s breaking my heart to think that it won’t be ours anymore… It’s just a house, but I spent 20 years of my life living there. It’s so hard to think of it belonging to anyone else.

I’m so sorry to hear that your Pa isn’t doing well. Seeing our grandparents age is one of the toughest parts of life. He’s lucky to have such a wonderful and supportive family, helping him out. <3

3. Laura Keenan says:

Oh I’m so happy to hear that you have been getting in more family time! I love how Jim got hand me down tools!!! But yes, things are just things, and you will many memories without the pictures. I’m sure you were even more present during this trip than others in the past!

4. brittany says:

oh i can just feel all the emotions of this post!! the photos you wish you had taken! the extra special sweetness of mabel’s crawling! stuff is stuff and places are places… but when the stuff and places are part of your history, i don’t know. it’s a little more to let go of, huh! i love these shots. they capture the trip pretty well i think!

5. Brittany @ PerpetuallyDaydreaming says:

I don’t know how I missed that you were from Indiana! The house I grew up in was torn down a few years ago, so I know how you feel! Hopefully you’ll still be able to at least drive by it and you’ll have your memories.

6. Hannah Beth Reid says:

Ah, I feel you and completely teared up by the end!

7. Amanda says:

I’m so sorry to hear your Pa isn’t in the best of health right now. Aging grands are so difficult to reckon with, in my opinion.
    I know it is hard to not have that photographic support, but I just know you’ll remember the times more because you were present in them this time instead of behind the camera.
    Plus I think you got some pretty fabulous memory jogging worthy pictures anyway 😉

8. Vanessa says:

Your girls will have posts like these to read though…and that’s special 🙂 Glad you were able to spend some time with your family and say goodbye to your grandparents’ house.

9. Elizabeth says:

That’s so wonderful that you were able to make the trip there and just be with your family. I think that family picture is picture enough. Everyone all together. Even though it would have been wonderful to get pictures of the girls doing all the things, you do have the memories!

10. kristen says:

things and stuff are just things and stuff, but it doesn’t make it any less hard. i am sorry, and i hope you have plenty of photos and memories to remember your grandparents house. i am also sorry about your pa. i hope he is okay. sometimes i get cranky that i didn’t take photos, but sometimes the memories i remember – or want to remember – aren’t things i can or would photograph anyway. on an upbeat note, yay for mabel and crawling!

11. Crystal Hall says:

My dad was born and raised in Indiana, too. So great to have some of your Grandparent’s things. The Gene’s Root Beer stand sounds pretty great. Love the pictures y’all took there. I know there are some photos you wish you would have taken, but I think you got some pretty great ones.

OMG girl! I love Pizza King! I’m from Angola, Indiana and will be heading that way next month to see my parents and sister. I miss them so much and am in desperate need of a visit home. What special memories you have from the weekend. That’s all that matters. 🙂

13. Ashley Dorey says:

I’m so sorry about this Courtney. I completely understand your feelings. I grew up in my grandparent’s house and spent summers there, I couldn’t imagine what you’re having to go through. I’m glad you were all able to go one more time!

14. Glad you were able to have a fun weekend in Indiana!! Your family is so sweet and I’m sure it made your grandparents happy to share their things with family. Change is always hard. Kevin’s parents have moved a lot so his childhood home is long gone. My parents haven’t moved in 25 years so I hope they stay in their house forever 🙂