January 10, 2017
I have looked at my lonely laptop sitting over in the corner(not literally) for days now and have thought to myself, “I’d really like to blog about something” but, ultimately, have had nothing to say, and opted to watch the three days straight Downton Abbey marathon on PBS and eat snacks instead.
I always feel funny talking about blogging on my blog, which is weird, since, well, it is a blog. But, that has never been my area of expertise. I feel like I just show up here and talk about myself and my spawn and that’s about the extent of things.
So whenever I branch out and talk about the business side of things or the “blogger” side of things, I feel like a turtle who wants to retreat back into its shell because I know there are SO many more people who know SO much more than me, and therefore, I never want to talk about it. (Crap, I still google how to do about 90% of the things I do on my website- and ask Jim for how to do the other 10%)
I was talking to a friend yesterday and mentioned that I feel like all of these bloggers have been revived with tons of new and exciting content for the New Year and all of these new verticals and things to blog and share about. And me?
Well, when we got home from Arizona we spent FOUR DAYS straight in our pajamas and never left the house.
My friend suggested that maybe I could blog about my favorite pajamas? But, then that would be a sorry post because I don’t even buy my own pajamas. I just steal all of Jim’s sweats and t shirts to wear.
So, suffice it to say, I’m in a bit of a post holiday slump with a dry well of content ideas. But I like to think as my kids keep growing and doing cute stuff( and now that the Downton Abbey marathon is over) I can get back to my usual content and blogging routine.
So, in other news, we started school back up yesterday. We took about a two week long Christmas break and now we’re back to it! I think we’re all happy to have a reason to get out of the house again and add some structure back into our days, but I won’t lie when I say that we’re all ready for some warm(er) temps so that we can get back outside and playing in the fresh air!
In the meantime, I let the girls paint together yesterday and it was a raving success. Mabel loved the watercolors and only managed to drink some water from her bowl like, twice.
So, cheers to our first full week at home in three weeks, more blog posts in 2017, and to the second half of our school year! May it pass as quickly as the first did 😉
Design by kaleigh turner creative. Designed with Showit.
A + Life
follow along @apluslifeblog