Finn’s Ultrasound(s)!

1. Laura Keenan says:

I just LOVE ultrasounds! Our midwife has a small old machine in her office, and while the quality isn’t great, we get to peek at baby every time I go!

2. Jen says:

So fun to read about these! We did a 17 week gender reveal/non medical ultrasound with both of my daughters and always say it was the best $100 spent! With my first child, the technician actually teared up with us when she told us “it’s a girl!” And both times were just so relaxing and special. The 20 week scan is so technical and can be tense as they silently check everything out and make sure your baby is healthy and growing (which obviously is the most important part, but doesn’t leave much room for light-heartedness).

Anyway! Totally agree with you and big congratulations on this little man! 🙂

I think the ultrasound techs have so much to do with how an ultrasound goes. My anatomy scan with Isla was horrible. The tech wouldn’t even let us watch the ultrasound while she worked, only turning the screen around when she was done for about a minute and gave us three horrible pictures, two of which were the face straight on (which isn’t a pretty sight!). My scan with Callum, the lady was so sweet and took the time to count and show us all his finger and toes and gave us tons of pictures. These ultrasound techs don’t realize the power they have over hormonal mommies and really need to be nice!

4. Amanda says:

My friend paid to do one at an ultrasound place and she loved it! I’m thankful the tech at my hospital is really nice about it and they give us lots of photos. That’s a bummer yours felt so technical, especially with the girls there!

5. ashley says:

Ultrasounds are my favorite thing ever!!!! We did a gender reveal with Avalon and I LOVED it! Can’t wait to “meet” Finn on the outside!

6. Whitney says:

Ultrasounds are definitely supposed to be special every time! Thankful you had the first great experience to kinda erase this last one.

7. Amie says:

I went to a place called Sneak a Peek and it was about $75 also and totally worth it!! Congrats on the baby boy, they are so much fun!!

8. brittany says:

i have never had the 3d ultrasound, either!!! i am so glad you did!!! for me, knowing more about who is in there helps me bond with them. 🙂 little finn! you are going to have the best life!!!!

9. Whitney says:

I’m so glad your first ultrasound was such a great experience!! It sounds wonderful and relaxing. I love that they knew the gender right away. I found out at 12 weeks that Fletcher was a boy. Totally surprised me because I was expecting just a regular ultrasound not a gender reveal. Boys are definitely different 🙂