Finn’s Birth Story

1. I love a birth story – co granulation again on sweet Finn! I loved how you talked about all the details being worked out perfectly. I distinctly remember that feeling when I had Davis and I’m going to be praying that over this next baby too!
    What a special time for yalls family!

2. Nicole says:

Yay!!! So happy to read how Finn came into the world! Thank you for writing it out. Literally, all of your worries with his birth are my worries with mine. I’m due on the 23rd, and we don’t live close to family and I have a lot of logistics that need to be worked out and your story is just so reassuring to read. I know that God can work things out to be just the way you need them to be.

Also, aren’t epidurals THE BEST?? I’m so happy for your sake that you were able to get one.

3. Jessica Beer says:

The epidural nap is my favorite part of delivery. I know that sounds weird, but whatever. πŸ˜› So glad it turned out how you wanted!!

4. Alicia says:

My first baby with my epidural I didn’t feel anything. I wasn’t even sure she was coming out! Ha. The second went so fast (even faster than my crazy fast first delivery) that I only had the epidural maybe 40min before he was born. I totally felt him come out and was like “no wait.. I’m not supposed to feel this!!!!” Haha. First baby I pushed 2 times and second 3 times. Fast deliveries are the best in my opinion! Lol congrats!!

5. Amanda says:

I have decided that I want the drugs next time. Like you, I just don’t want to do that a third time so I totally get it! I’m so glad everything went well and he’s here and healthy! Congratulations:)

6. Laureen says:

I’m so happy everything worked out and was just what you wanted. It really is a crazy thing to ‘plan’ for, so many variables, so much unknown.. Thank the Lord for such a wonderful and special birthday story. Congratulations again!! πŸ™‚
    Girl, that first post delivery meal is CERTAINLY the best, ha!!

7. What a sweet story! I love that all the details came together perfectly (minus that darn broken pump!!) and that your big girls were in such good hands. That was the most stressful part for me… what will be sister do/eat/think when we’re off in the hospital having a baby?!? Your words made me tear up at times and I found myself smiling thinking about all of the highs and lows of delivery. So glad you were able to stretch things out and enjoy it. Thanks for sharing Finn’s story.

8. Danielle says:

What a great story. I am so happy you got the birth that you always wanted. Love all the comparisons between the girls and Finn to see how all the births were different. Thanks for sharing.

9. Becky says:

Calvin was my biggest baby, too! I missed the epidural with Wes but got to the hospital in time for Calvin and I’m so thankful. Glad to hear you got one, too this time!

10. Laura Keenan says:

Beautiful story! I just adore that your mom got to cut the cord and her telling you “talk to him Courtney.” What a special lady. And this close up pictures of you & Finn!!!! All amazing!

11. Desiree says:

Yep. Tears. Per the birth story usual.
    Love that everything (minus those little hiccups) went so smoothly for you!!
    Congrats, again, on one perfect little boy.

12. Elizabeth says:

First of all, the last three photos, the telling us you were pregnant to maternity photos to Finn being here are my favorite!
    And second… I want to say you must have had a different epidural than I did with Mason. Or maybe they’ve evolved in 5 years? Mine was given to me by the doctor and thats all. No button. No nothing. And I couldn’t feel a thing. And also, when he was born, I could feel pressure, but that’s all. So odd. I’m so sorry it hurt so much! That’s not how it’s supposed to be with an epidural. I even had tearing (and she sewed me up) and I had NO clue.
    On the plus side, HE’S HERE and HE’S PERFECT! And that can all be a distant pain memory now πŸ™‚

13. So amazing! He’s absolutely precious.

14. Hannah Beth Reid says:

This was a beautiful story! Thank you for sharing your fears and how God worked it out for your good! I am not used to a birth story making me laugh, but somehow you did that and more! All the good feels!

15. Terra Heck says:

Congratulations! Loved seeing all the pics.
    Glad it turned out well, even with the couple of hiccups.

16. Whitney says:

I am so glad your epidural experience was a positive! After swearing by them I didnt want you to be disappointed πŸ˜‰ These pictures are gorgeous. Welcome, Baby Finn!

17. Amie says:

I know you say how bad it hurt but your make up stayed perfect!! haha That’s so weird about your epidural I did not feel a thing the entire time at all not even when he came out I wonder why you had to feel that pain to actually deliver him? He is just the cutest!! Congrats again πŸ™‚

18. Julie Hood says:

Tomorrow is my due date and I’m alllllll about the birth stories…and yours isn’t so sweet, and so so well written!! I loved the epidural commentary (definitely trying to get me one of those! Epidurals, I mean, not a commentary) ? Anyway, congrats on Finn and how everything worked out so perfectly!!

19. This!! Just all of it!

In all honesty I’ve kind of gone off bumpdates and birth stories and the like because I just didn’t think it was healthy for me to get into that headspace, but with starting stims on Saturday (what?!!) I’m moving forward with hopeful anticipation and this story was just exactly what I needed to introduce myself to this part of life again.

So much congratulations and heartfelt love for you and your family. Finn is adorable, his birth just perfect, and everything in between!! Here’s to you friend.