A Postpartum Update

1. Becky says:

Glad to hear you’re recovering well! Love your attitude about the weight. I was that way with mine and though it took a while to come off, it usually did. Enjoy those baby snuggles!

2. Amie says:

So glad this transition has gone well for you. Although I only have one little one I was in no rush to lose the weight. I just felt like all of my prior priorities were no longer the same once baby came along. You look fantastic!

3. Sarah Macon says:

Yay for 2nd & 3rd babies! If nothing else they make you realize the other things can wait! As far as the hair thing, my hair straight up left my head after my second, like bald on my temples and about 2 inches back. It was awful. I (DO NOT SELL IT) found Monat online recently (she’s 3 now, been bald for 3 years) and ordered the Intensive Repair Treatment shampoo and some spray that came with it directly off their website and I’m not even kidding my hair grew back. I’ve only used it for 2 month so far and its like 6 inches where there was just fuzz. SO! It’s expensive but to be able to put my hair in a pony tail and not worry about showing my bald was worth it! Sorry for the novel, just thought I’d share!

4. I smiled my way through this whole post! You’re doing great and your documentation of this time in your life radiates HAPPINESS. Congratulations!!

5. Yes for giving yourself grace and just letting yourself enjoy the newborn phase of it all. Good for you! I can’t believe it’s been 7 weeks already!

6. Lindsay says:

Thanks for being open about the not so pretty side of recovering… aka the bleeding. A lot of times I feel like no one discusses that, and I personally bled the first 6 weeks (my son was born 9/9!) I thought things were wrong because I stopped earlier with my daughter, no one else said it lasted that long, would google and basically felt like it was just me (despite knowing full on that it could be that long). Hopefully some new Mom will read this who is going through it and find peace!

7. brittany says:

you look amazing!!! and oh those babies are so worth it in the end, aren’t they. also, your emotions didn’t change… i envy thaaaaat! even after stopping breastfeeding my emotions go crazy. ahhh.

8. Whitney says:

Yes to all of this. I know we’ve talked about it before but this time around everything just feels more relaxed and less pressure- just the way I like it!

9. Laura says:

Amen! While part of me would love to hit the gym, I don’t want to miss out on that baby time either. I’ve got about 10 lbs sticking around, so I’m just hoping to maintain through the holidays and then hope it comes off in the spring.

10. Desiree says:

You look amazing!!
    And, I LOVE the extra grace you’re giving yourself. Totally wish I’d done even a fraction of that with both my babes.
    Enjoy those snuggles!!

11. Katelyn Ryan says:

you’re doing so great, mama and love that you are documenting this time!